SC - Fw: [Mid] Is camping without a cooler out of period?

Lillian Johnston LillianJ at bethlehem.org.au
Sun Apr 19 20:41:32 PDT 1998

sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG wrote:

> Ceridwen
>
> Overall the translation looks pretty good.
> One suggestion I might make:
> /so seichts es sich auss/ wirde eim Igel gleich/
>
> might be:
> So it looks as if it becomes like a hedgehog
>
> instead of
> / pour themselves out/ it will turn out like a hedgehog/
>
> I think that seichts...auss is a form of aussehen (seperable verb for
> look like). What book is this from, by the way?
>
> Valoise

Thanks ! The book is "Ein Kunstliches Kochbuch" 1559, one of Duke
Cariadoc's Translation projects, available in gif format off of his
homepage. I really appreciate the input, as this is the first time I
have attempted to actually translate anything. I have good help, and
between her knowledge of the German language and my knowledge of other
period cookery books, we seem to be making a good team, and are having
great fun with it.
    If anyone else would care to comment, please do so.

Ceridwen
ceridwen at commnections.com