SC - Violet Roots

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 13:27:57 PDT 1998

>cause foul and stinking odors but it may also attract undesirable
creatures such as plague rats to the garden.>>>>

>????? But what about various manures? They are staples in
>classic composting! Or are you thinking of meat scraps from the kitchen?
There I'll agree with you.........

Sigh, my first post to the SCA Cooks list, and it has to be about
compost... oh well, here goes,
	Animal manure is fine as long as it is from an Herbivore (ie.
eats only plants).  Essentially, you are getting the animal to do the
initial stage of composting for you.  Keep an eye on it though, Lady
Katarina used some of the manure from Lady Ann's horses, and grew a
lovely crop of hay and oats in her yard!

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies