SC - Help thinking up a

Lillian Johnston LillianJ at bethlehem.org.au
Wed Apr 22 15:25:49 PDT 1998

At 03:17 PM 22/04/98 EDT, LrdRas wrote:

>Not recalling the recipe, I would venture a guess that these would be suitable
>substitutes. Italian flat leaf parsley would be the closest in flavor to
>parsley roots.
>
>Ras ( who is totally clueless here.)

Ras,

Parsley Roots are used a lot in Digby's Mead recipes.  If I dug up part of
my parsley patch every time I needed roots, I wouldn't have a patch left.
So I grow Hamburg Parsley.  It looks like Italian parsley, but it has a root
like a parsnip.  A dozen of these in the Vegetable Patch goes a long way.
You can pick the seeds up at Richers herbs or a good herb nursery.

Drake Morgan,
Lochac.