SC - A request

James & Melody Mahanna jmmahanna at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 26 22:14:16 PDT 1998

My Lord,
	Such a hard task!  My best advice to new feastcrats in 100 words
or less!  (Actually, I think I came in around 104 or so, I hope you can
manage it.)  I will be interested in visiting the site when it is open,
please make sure to post the address when it is ready.
	Yours in service to the Society,

	Mistress Christianna MacGrain OP, Meridies
	Dean of the School of Culinary Sciences,
	Royal University of Meridies

When starting out cooking for SCA feasts, start simply, and work your way
up to more diners, more dishes served, and diversity of ingredients and
recipies.  SCA members are more open-minded about the dining experience,
but we still have modern palates.  You will always be a hit with simple
food done well and plentifully. Test cook unknown recipies ahead of time
to try out with one table full of diners.  Serve as much of the test
feast as you can to determine the best service order.  Introduce new
tastes to your repetiore as your experience increases, and you will
always have successful feasts.