SC - A request

Mike Hobbs llewmike at iwaynet.net
Mon Apr 27 20:06:58 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/27/98 11:52:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kihe at ticnet.com
writes:

<< in the Chinese book they have poetry that tells the type of
 > foods, but not how they were prepared. >>

At the period Chinese cooking class that I attended at Pennsic, it was realyed
to us that the actual recipes and cooking styles have changed little since
Medieval China. It has certainly and unquestionably changed little if any
since the end of the Middle Ages in China which occured within this century.

I would suspect that avoiding New World foods and using traditional recipes
would produce a very credible earlier Medival Chinese cuisine.

Ras