SC - recommended spice buys?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Apr 27 23:13:51 PDT 1998

Rebecca Tants wrote:

> I volunteered to cook a fill in cooking class for AEthelmearc
> war practice next month on "whatever subject isn't covered
> by all the OTHER cooking classes people usually teach at
> such things".  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns
> out that there are only two other food-related classes:
> Herbs & How to Cook a Feast for Beginners.  So now I actually
> have to THINK of a topic.

<SNIP>

> We won't have a kitchen (it's at the Pennsic site), so
> if it's a hands on class it would have to be on a campfire or
> without heating.
> Suggestions?  Ideas?  Thing's you'd like to attend?

"The *Proper* Use of Cheese In the SCA Feast Setting"?

"Adapting Available Commercial Foods to Feast Use?
(e.g., what breads work and don't work, and under what conditions)

"Techniques & Tools For Fire-less Camp Meals"?
(e.g. going beyond bread, sausage, cheese, fresh fruit -- or making
those staples more palatable / better presented)

HTH - Amra, Kitchen Idiot

- --
For "official" purposes: Mike C. Baker
For "fun": Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (SCA)
           Kihe Blackeagle (Filk, Scouting, etc.)
 *-COBOL Sr. P/A For Hire (OFFER ACCEPTED!)-*
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them!
Personal WebPage: www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
e-mail: kihe at rocketmail.com, kihe at ticnet.com