SC - Australian chili recipe!

RMcGrath at dca.gov.au RMcGrath at dca.gov.au
Wed Apr 1 12:09:18 PST 1998

Tee hee!  Many chuckles here.  And when you visit Lochac next, call me
first and we'll arrange for a roast roo, maybe even mutton bird stew. :-)

On a more serious note, how have others determined the amount of "hot"
ingredients when preparing meals for large numbers?  I can manage when
cooking curries, etc for up to 8 or 10, but more than that?  Does one go
for the idea that in certain areas people can't stand hot and spicy food
(eg vindaloo hot) so the heat is cut down in the dish, as well as providing
soothing, cool side dishes?  I'd like to hear how others treat this matter
when preparing Middle Eastern or Indian feasts, etc.

Thank you
purrs
Rakhel
Lochac