SC - camping without a cooler

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 3 12:59:13 PST 1998

                      camping without a cooler                     4/3/98

But don't many of the things that get preserved have to be canned or contained
in some manner which is also out of period?  I imagine pickled meat and other
things must be sealed into a jar or some-such?
I have also seen some lovely icechests that were medieval style wooden boxes
fitted with styrofoam coolers inside.  Hey presto, its a box, its a bench, its
a cooler.
- -brid
(who often goes camping without a cooler because she doesn't own a campstove
or fire-pit)