SC - Ostrich, and cruelty to geese

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Sun Apr 5 16:31:25 PDT 1998

>>I was told that the boiling alive was for food safety reasons {you don't
gut and clean lobster}?

Cat

As a matter of fact, no, nor do you crabs, shrimp, clams, mussels and
oysters. I have conceptual problems just digging into soft shelled crabs for
just that reason, and I refuse to eat a blue crab without popping the top,
removing the lungs and innards and thoroughly washing out the froth from the
ruptured intestines...I dive and have seen what they eat. they are the sea
gulls and pigeons of the sea. There is a reason they colloquially call parts
of the innards the "dead man"
bleachhhh!
margali