SC - Fw: [Mid] Is camping without a cooler out of period?

WOLFMOMSCA WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 14:54:49 PDT 1998

There's no reason to "age" eggs.  Food distribution takes time and middlemen,
unless you're lucky enough to have a locally-owned coop or grocer who buys
direct from local farmers.  For big chain grocery stores, there's probably
three "stops" between the chicken and the cooler for your average egg.  Each
set of hands the egg has to pass through takes time, which can be one day or a
week, depending on many other variables.  You may be lucky, and get a less-
than-30-day-old-egg at your local grocer, or you may not.  It's kind of a crap
shoot.  Health departments require eggs to be chilled for this very reason.
You don't know how old the egg is, therefore, as far as commercial food
handling regulatory agencies are concerned, thou shalt chill all of them.
Please note:  I'm in Florida.  Your local food handling requirements will
probably vary.  See your local health department for specific local
regulations.
Hope this clears up my li'l generalization.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother