SC - Fwd: Spice Is Nice

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Apr 10 11:49:36 PDT 1998

At 4:02 PM -0400 4/9/98, DianaFiona wrote:

> The more unusual spices
>just aren't to be found locally--I haven't even been able to get saffron
>lately! The grocery used to carry the tiny little vials of it, but not any

If you go to Pennsic, or know anyone who does, check out the Pepperers'
Guild.  They sell saffron, for example, in vials where the part containing
saffron (as opposed to the cork) is 2 inches long, inside diameter 3/4
inches (I think it is 1/10 oz) for about $7 or $8, which is an
extraordinary price.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook