SC - Question re: Lord Ras' redaction of Compost recipe

Bronwynmgn Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 04:22:43 PDT 1998

Quick question - after the 12-hour pickling period, should I drain off the
vinegar/spice mixture before adding the wine/honey/spice mixture?  It seems
like it would be too wet if you leave both on.  It's not mentioned in either
the original or the redaction.
And Ras, where the heck do you find parsley root and black radishes?  I
substituted with red radishes and a few chopped parsley leaves; I have no idea
if they are good substitutions or if it would have been better to leave those
ingredients out.

Brangwayna

Ps - I'm making food for an 8th grade demo - Compost, Mushroom Pasties, Loin
of Pork in Boar's Tale Sauce, and Gingerbrede.  I needed things that could be
served out cold in small sample portions for about 80 kids; this seemed to
work nicely and give a good variety.