SC - Netequitte

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Apr 1 07:34:38 PST 1998

Good Morning All,

I have to don my Evil List Administrator's hat this morning so batten down
the hatches.

Actually it is just a reminder and request.

Lately there have been some minor courtesy problems cropping up. I don't feel
these are deliberate discourtesies but rather just people not thinking.

First order of business: Please do not copy the entire post of something you
are replying to. Snip the pertinent facts or, if your system does not edit,
just quote the post but please don't have the entire earlier posting. This list
generates far too much data for people to have clutter to deal with.

Second, in a similar vein, please do not post "Me too" replies or "Thanks for
posting that" replies unless there seems to be disagreement on a topic. If
you feel that your support needs to be seen by the majority of the list then
it is okay to post a "Me too" but it would be better to add your own commentary.
Remember to check your post and see if it wouldn't be better to send it as a
private reply.

Another thing to consider is to change the Subject Heading when you are sending
a comment or reply. If you are discussing period spit turners make sure the
Subject line has something to do with it and not April Fools jokes as was the
Subject ten replies ago.

Courtesy is as important in our little cyberworld as it is in the open world.
We are family and must remember our family members.

Yers,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator