SC - Fw: [Mid] Is camping without a cooler out of period?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Apr 3 22:09:37 PST 1998

At 1:08 PM -0500 4/3/98, Gedney, Jeff wrote:
>On Friday, April 03, 1998 12:57 AM, david friedman [SMTP:ddfr at best.com]
>wrote:
>> >: Why would someone want to camp without a cooler?
>>
>> 1. Because it is a strikingly out of period accessory, hence makes the
>> encampment seem less period, and
>Then Hide it!!

I can't hide it from myself--I still see the thing when I use it. The fewer
things I have to have around that remind me I'm not really in the middle
ages the better.

>> 2. Because it is a nuisance--you have to keep fetching ice, and at
>some
>> inconvenient time it will dump melted water someplace you don't want
>it.

>I regard Diarrhea and puking as a greater inconvenience. Fetching ice
>and morning water dumps are a small price to pay for avoiding this.

We have been doing without a cooler for a  long time and haven't had those
problems. If you find that you cannot feed yourself without a cooler
without making yourself sick, by all means use a cooler--but that's no
reason I should.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/