SC - Blood Oranges

cassie cassie at sally.nas.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 6 12:39:50 PDT 1998

Varju wrote:

> How are they different than regular oranges? (other than being smaller)

Their flesh is a dark red, hence the name blood orange. My mother had
a dwarf blood orange tree growing in her yard several years ago.

> Are blood oranges considered period?

Unknown, it originates from the Mediterranean and has difficulty in
adapting to U.S. climates, even in California and Florida.

Euriol

- --
Cassandra Baldassano            cassie at nas.nasa.gov
Sterling Software               (650) 604-6007 or (800) 331-8737 x6007
Supporting:                     M/S 258-6
Systems Control                 NASA Ames Research Center
Database Administration         Moffett Field, CA 94305-1000