SC - New Introduction

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Apr 21 08:44:54 PDT 1998

<snip>  In preparation for the career change, I took and am still taking,
food arts classes at an American Culinary Federation certified community
college.
>Barb Kuhn
<snip>
	I just jumped right in (on a compost question, no less) and
didn't bother to do any introduction at all.  I will be brief.  My name
is Baroness Christianna MacGrain, OP, etc, etc, and I live in the Barony
of the South Downs, Meridies (Atlanta, Ga.).  I have been a member of the
SCA for over 19 years.  I was a professional chef for 10 years, and I was
an apprentice with the American Culinary Federation for 3.  (Which  is
why I snipped the above.  Good luck, my lady, the ACF was a great place
to do my apprenticeship!)  I have been a feastcrat for most of my SCA
career, by my count 17 feasts, 3 Meridian Known World Parties (Pennsic),
6 Royal Brunches, Lunches, and Teas, and numerous other stuff, like Ice
Sculptures for a White Rose Ball several years ago.  I still cook, but
would rather help and encourage new feastcrats to get started, so I end
up doing behind the scenes stuff instead of being "The Feastcrat".  I
enjoy throwing parties, and I do that well enough to have been recognized
as a Pelican.  My other interests include: herbs (see the new Herb List,
it is a really good place to discuss this topic) and healing,
music (I direct the South Downs Choruster's Guild), and many other
topics.   I have been hearing snips of conversation from the SCA Cooks
List for some time, and finally decided I couldn't miss out on any more
of the fun!
	I look forward to all of the discussion to come, and pray know I
remain,
	Yours in service to the Society,

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies