Saffron amounts (was Re: SC - Spices-another source)

Bronwynmgn Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 11:10:41 PDT 1998

<< This doesn't answer your questions but have you thought
 about doing
 Ein Spise Von Birn (A food of pears) from "Ein Buch von
 Guter Spise"?

 It's basically an apple and pear filling between two
 thin slices of
 break, dipped in egg batter and griddled. The only
 spices are pepper
 and anise.

 I don't know if you are planning the feast for a
 certain time or place
 but this may help.

This is certainly a possiblilty, but as we are also doing Scotch eggs (yes, I
know they are not period) I don't want another recipe that will be labor
intensive.  Please send me the recipe anyway; I may decide to use it!  My main
purpose was to present food for breakfast that would meet the modern idea of
breakfast foods while still being period.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Brangwayna