SC - Valerian

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Apr 21 15:22:01 PDT 1998

Now, about that valerian.......... Feel free to toss me any you don't
want! The smell doesn't bother me, and the one lone plant I was hoping
would self seed hasn't so far. Probably because of the violets
everwhere..........! If you are coming to Sionnach this weekend and have
time to dig beforehand, you could through a few plants in the
cooler......... (hint, hint! ;-) )<snip>

	Well, I'm not sure how I ended up with valerian in the first
place, it's a volunteer and it has made itself quite welcome.  The smell
is so powerful, that when the dogs have been out exploring the yard and
have brushed up against it, they come in smelling of it.  It is a very
pretty plant, with dark green heart-shaped leaves with a touch of purple,
and clusters (some as big as dinner plates) of vivid purplish flowers.
I'm not coming to your event this weekend, I'm going to Dreamstone to be
there for the wedding.
	But if you want some, I'll be coming to Chattanooga sometime in
June, and I'll bring some up for you.  (In the back of the truck).
	Christianna