SC - Spiced Apple Juice / Recipe

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Apr 24 09:52:52 PDT 1998

At 11:33 PM -0800 4/23/98, S.Albert wrote:
>Sorry for being late into the discussion here, but I was surprised to see
>the recipe under discussion is very close to what I've been doing on and
>off for many yules -- the only difference being I also throw in some whole
>allspice. It started up here because so many in the group didn't drink, so
>mulling wine had few interested. I always figured the combination of apple
>juice and the fruit and spices from afar were not particularly period --
>just tasty.

I seem to have missed something. Did somebody post such a recipe with a
period source? I only found one other post with the same subject line, and
it had nothing about combining apple juice with fruit and spices from afar.
It seemed to be a reference to cider, which is fermented apple juice, and
to hippocras, which (at least in the recipes I am familiar with) contains
no exotic fruit juices at all.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/