SC - Swithin Cream?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed Apr 29 14:36:29 PDT 1998

>It's from Medieval Holidays & Festivals by Madeleine Pelner Cosman.
>Yes, the same Madeleine Pelner Cosman who did Fabulous Feasts. No
>documentation. I've never seen anything like it in a good reference.
>But it tastes  very good. (Hey! I was given the book as a gift before
>I knew any better and I made a lot of the recipes in it. Some of them
>aren't bad. The peppermint rice is a little weird. So is the Pasta and
>Apricot Butter. Need I say more?)
>
>Julleran

You could say exactly the same thing about Fabulous Feasts.  Many of the
recipies taste very good (my all-time favorite, Galantine Pie, but enough
of Galingale already!)  and many of them are wierd.  Some just need one
ingredient omitted or added, and you never know until you have made one.
 Still, it was the first one I bought, and I learned a lot from it and
went on to learn more.  (Like how unreliable it was.)

	Christianna