SC - I've been reading again

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Fri Apr 3 13:45:23 PST 1998

Hello all,

I bet you have been cursing my Mistress for ever giving me this book, but I
have been reading The Original Mediterranean Cuisine by Barbara Santich
again (lovely book lots of information for anyone who doesn't have it).
And, yet again I have a question.

Can anyone out there tell me where I may find an illustration of a Testo?

The book says, "There is a link here with Ancient Rome, where cakes had been
cooked in or under an earthenware testum, surrounded by hot coals.  The
medieval testo, was an earthenware or metal dish with a concave lid that
held colas to provide heat from above."  Then, "Italia torta recipes include
quite specific instructions on baking, and on the amount of heat needed
above and below."

Any information on these would be welcome and maybe I will make one to
experiment with.

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation