SC - corn...

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Mon Apr 6 14:25:27 PDT 1998

I;ve seen that picture, my lady, and it is striking!

The Native Americans began showing the European colonists how to use maize
in the 16th century.  It was adopted,used, grown, and eaten in the
Americas.  But in Europe it remained a curiosity and then, later, animal
fodder.  Well into the 20th century eating 'sweet corn' as a vegetable was
considered an American barbarism.

Elaina