SC - late period french food.

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Apr 6 21:28:50 PDT 1998

hi all from AM
We are asked about two books:

I find Scullys work pretty good, though you need to subscribe to his
humoral theory, which some dont. The drawings are very goofy, but there you
go. I havent tried any of the reconstructions (preferring to do my own) and
since he has the original recipe text in the original language (ie not
English) this could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your
linguistic skills.

The "Rennaisaance Recipes" book, if memory serves has fun looking recipes,
but no citations so we cant really check it for accuracy.

So, if you had to pick one, go with Scully. He is considered a leader in
his field. The other is pretty much a pretty book for dabblers.

- --Anne-Marie