SC - Request: Recipe for whole pig?

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Apr 8 12:12:32 PDT 1998

Hi folks!

	Now that hubby and I are nicely recovered from our Killer Feast (pics coming soon to a web page near you), we have been asked to do a wedding in November, and one of the things we were asked was if, given all necessary equipment, we could possibly roast a whole pig on a spit.

	Has anyone done this before?  I need lots of pointers:  Time, height from spit to fire, good marinade recipes, good places on the carcass to tuck herbs, problems we might encounter... anything you can think of.

	We will be getting the pig already dressed (I'm 90% sure anyway) and the spit has been used successfully before and MAY (if we're lucky) be motorized by the time we get it.

	Oh, and the wedding is NOT strictly period, though the couple is SCAdian.

	Thanks in advance, folks!

		- kat