SC - late period french food

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Apr 8 22:59:48 PDT 1998

Anne-Marie said:

The Madrone Culinary GUild did a banquet of late period French food a few
years back....

We had:
Chicken with a cinnamon orange sauce (from le Menagier)
spinach tarts (from la Varenne)
mushrooms stewed with fresh herbs (from la Varenne)
egg bread (from la Varenne)
pear tart (from la Varenne)
parma tarts (a serving dish surrounded with dough crennelations, decorated
with the arms of the visiting dignitaries, filled with the cinnamon orange
chicken) (from Taillevent and Chiquart)
lamb with sauce robert (from all the sources, in one form or another)
turnips in a mustard sauce (from Chiquart?)

<snip>

Let me know what I can do to help, we're hping to get these recipes onto a
web site soon.
- - --Anne-Marie

Do you already have a site and you are just finishing things up? Or
are you looking for a site? I would be interested in having these
recipes in the Florilegium. You keep the copyright and I will
update or remove them upon the author notifying me.

At this time my files are strictly text, but I am considering ways
to add pictures and graphics as appendices.

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net