SC - Spices-another source

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu Apr 9 20:44:26 PDT 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie...
Diane says:
> > << The more unusual spices
> >  just aren't to be found locally--I haven't even been able to get
saffron
> >  lately! The grocery used to carry the tiny little vials of it, but not
any
> >  longer............ :-(

Of course there are several mail order places out there that carry our type
of stuff. Penzyes, I believe does pretty good, and then there's my personal
favorite (and not just cuz he let me weigh out my own cassia this weekend
when he was swamped with customers), WorldSpice here in Seattle
(www.worldspice.com is their web site, including price list, ordering info,
etc). Prices are WAY below what you pay in the grocery store, and the
quality is much better. I know he has saffron in, cuz I just bought some
(and wonderful stuff it is too). Worldspice also carries Grains of
paradise, long peppers, cassia as well as cinnamon, cassia buds, cubeb,
asafetida, and about a zillion types of chili powders (not period, but
fun).

No, really, I dont get a kickback, I just like seeing small locally owned
businesses do well (especially ones that will make up a custom order of
poudre forte for me)

- --AM