SC - Marigolds

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 12:25:22 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/22/98 2:35:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

<< I also don't know if they are the same, but the thing we call marigold that
 isn't calendula is supposedly poisonous. I've heard they described ad
"African
 marigolds". >>

African and French marigolds are in the same family and technical differences
are important only to breeders and horticulturists.  These are the 6-pack type
bedding marigolds available at garden centers in the spring.  Pot marigolds
(e.g., calendula) are, OTOH, immanently edible.  The flowers being used as an
ingredient in stews and soups.

Ras