SC - edible flowers info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 26 03:14:51 PDT 1998

Brid answered someone's question about Nasturtiums as flowers in a salad:

> We had a discussion about edible flowers a few, months ago, and it was
>determined that Nasturtiums were New World, and would not (flowers or leaves)
>have found their way into salads in our period.  There are a lot of other
>flower possibilities tho- pinks (gillyflowers), violets, marigolds, roses...

Those interested in more about flowers in salads and otherwise, might be
interested in these files in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

cook-flowers-msg  (47K)  2/ 9/98    Cooking with flowers. Medieval flower dishes
salads-msg        (91K)  3/30/98    Period salads. lettuce, greens.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net