SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #692

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:42:44 PDT 1998

Please, please, please good cooks, I beg of you. If your mail program
automatically includes the previous post when you use the "reply" function,
highlight everything past the first few lines (or whichever lines are not
relevent to your reply) and hit the delete key.

For those of you reading individual messages, having the previous post appear
in it's entirety is no problem.  You probably don't scroll down far enough to
notice.  But those of us reading the digest version must scroll, and scroll,
and scroll past information that we've already read.

Those of us paying by the minute end up being charged for the repetitive
information. This digest took 3 minutes to load, that's more time than all the
rest of my mail combined.  (and considering I'm on 4 SCA lists, 2 other lists
and have many friends and relations on e-mail, that's a lot of mail for it to
take longer than).

>>snipped all 14 messages in digest previous to this<<

> My Lady,
>         This is a very comprehensive class outline.  May I use it for
> classes?
>
> Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies
> On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:57:16 EDT Kallyr <Kallyr at aol.com> writes:
> >Here are the notes I made for a class I gave.  I  hope it's helpful.

>>snipped entirely repeated post<<

I asked this once or twice before when I was subscribed from work.  Every list
I've ever been on considers it rude to subject other members to instant
replays.  The height of politeness to simply make clear reference to "John's
post on Monday about ____" or include the least bit necessary to indicate what
they were responding to.  Is it really considered good form here to include
notice that all this is at the bottom of so many posts?  Or am I the only one
on digest who gets irritated at the repetition?   Maybe now that I'm
subscribed from home, I could go to the individual message version of the
list.

Hating to sound grumbly,

Bonne (formerly, Anne)