SC - Book reviews

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Mon Apr 27 21:31:48 PDT 1998

Hi All,

>>I am reviewing The Original Mediterranean Cuisine.
>>Murkial

This winter I prepared the chick pea with herbs from that cookbook for a
household dinner, and it got rave reviews.  Even from people who don't
normally consider chick peas to be anything but a salad garnish.

Murkial, I think you should tell people that the original recipes are
given, and cited, in their original language, as well as her English
translation beside it for your own comparison, then the modern redaction
is given.  Some recipes have a paragraph or two of notes concerning what
she changed, or the medieval attitude to the dish, etc.  There are
several chapters about the original Mediterranean cuisine and what
influenced it.

I bought the book last summer because it got a good review, from Dame
Alys Katherine, I think, in "Serve It Forth".  Hope you will publish your
review here, when done--unless, of course, it's for a paid source.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Companion des Lindquistrings, Princess' Order of
Courtesy