SC - On-line University

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Apr 30 22:41:55 PDT 1998

<snip>Might we not decide on a topic in advance so people (
>especially those of us with less experience) could gather our thoughts
>and referances and bibliographies and questions. then run the topic
>for a specified period of time, choose the next topic, ....
>Discussions could cover where to get ..., How to choose...,  What to
>avoid in ..., Success stories..., Disaster stories..., Uses and abuses
>of..., and of course Recipes.<snip>

Um, isn't this what we do now?  I know I save everything on specific
topics to a folder, and then review it.  Stephan's Florilegium has some
'articles' which are just that, compilations of threads discussed by
members of certain lists.  It sounds to me that what we are talking about
here is more along the lines of a web site or data base with accessible
classes.  Don't get me wrong, I LIKE the discussion part of it, that's
why I'm on 4 different lists.  But, if we are talking about a University
sort of set-up, I would expect more structure (as in a structural
outline).
	Let's keep talking, though, the idea has a lot of merit.
	Christianna