SC - Piquant foods

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Apr 1 23:15:56 PST 1998

At 9:47 PM -0500 4/1/98, LrdRas wrote:

>You also mentioned a India period recipe source...has this been published and
>how would one obtain a translation?

The _Ain I Akbari_, which is one volume of the _Akbarnamah_, contains
ingredient lists, with quantities but without instructions, for (I think)
24 dishes--also instructions for flat bread and for distilling arrack (and
lots of other neat stuff about 16th c. Mughal culture). It was translated
into English in (I think) the late 19th c., reprinted in (I think) the
1930's. I believe a few of the recipes derived from it are in the current
_Miscellany_ and the supplementary recipes on my web page.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/