SC - Middle East-Help needed

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 07:17:51 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/5/98 2:14:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< Some
 recipes in this book refer to the "small mudd," which might have been 1.08
 liters."

 That is from the notes at the backof the Andalusian cookbook, based on what
 Charles Perry told me. >>

<blush> Had I only read ahead! :-0 Thanks for the info. The particular recipe
apparently refers to the small mudd.

I was also wondering if grenedine could be substitued for  "sweet" pomegranite
juice? My produce man at the market just sort of gave me the blank stare when
I asked him if he could get me a case of "sweet" pomegranites. My thoughts are
that the sugar could be left out of the recipe and grenadine plus a tablespoon
of lemon juice might be  substituted, replacing the "sweet pomegranite juice."
Does this sound like a viable solution to a lack of the "real" thing?

Ras