SC - Many questions.

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Apr 5 21:16:21 PDT 1998

At 6:11 PM -0500 4/5/98, jeffrey stewart heilveil wrote:
>Salut!  I am working on an upcoming feast, and in looking at the recipes I
>have a ton of questions that I hope someone can help out with.
>
>3) Powder blanche.  constituents?  ratios?

I am fairly sure I have recently seen a period recipe which says to use
powder blanche or else sugar and ginger.

>4) In pleyn Delit (from Diversa Servisia) is a chireseye recipe, where
>part of the instructions are to "stik therin clowis of gilofre..."  Any
>suggestions?

"Un clou de girofle" is French for a clove. So this means garnish with
whole cloves.  I've seen people talk about gillyflowers for this kind, but
I have never seen why.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook