SC - Egg peeling tip o' the day

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 9 14:11:06 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/9/98 12:12:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CorwynWdwd at aol.com writes:

<< Peeling fresh eggs that
 have been hard boiled (The way we usually carry them to events) is an
exercise
 in frustration. >>

To avoid pulling a hard boiled egg apart the following steps will help. First
pierce the large end of the egg with a needle. Place eggs in cold tap water.
Add 1 tblsp salt to water. Bring to a boil. Reduce yheat to simmer and boil
for the appropriate length of time. IMMEDIATELY remove eggs from heat. Pour
off hot water. Slightly crack ech egg with the round side of a spoon.
IMMEDIATELY cover with COLD water and leave until room temperature. Always
start peeling from the BIG end of the egg. The shell should literally slip off
easily with little or no clinging. This works with fresh or older eggs
although I would not generally use fresh eggs for hard boiling unless it were
absolutely necessary.

Ras