SC - [Fwd: Brief introduction]

Sat Apr 18 17:20:17 PDT 1998

I was a military dependent.  I was there from 1958 to 1962 and from 1970 to
1972.  The second time I was working for the AAF Exchange System.  I found
it enjoyable, but as you know, it can be hard to make a living if you don't
have a set of skills that match the economy.  I went Outside to work on my
education and just never got back.  Mike Dunham, a friend of mine from
Alaska who was in Texas for his education, did go back.  The last I heard,
he was working a DJ in Anchorage.

I hope to get back for an extended visit, but I probably won't stay.  My
wife has arthritis and the weather wouldn't be good for her (not that
Oklahoma has great winters).  We're planning to retire to a part of New
Mexico where the weather is kinder to her and the population density is
about the same as the area between Tok Junction and Dawson City, YT, just a
little smaller area.

Since you're in to gardening, you need to talk to Ras and a couple other who
are growing some of the medieval plants for their cooking.  Your part of
Alaska has that fine volcanic soil and should be able to grow many of the
old European varieties.  As for me, I've got a black thumb and I save most
of my effort for baking.

Bear