SC - Egg test

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Tue Apr 21 03:05:54 PDT 1998

The theory is that as the egg goes off it generates a gas (from memory
H2S, but whatever it is smells pretty horrid) that makes it float. When
ther is a bit of it it will gather in the egg and keep the tip up. As
more gs accumulates the egg will be keener to stay at the top. But I
never heard teh bit about them turning round - I tend to get eggs from
people who have chooks, so they are undated. And even when they are eggs
i have bought, I am nowe in the habit of putting them in a glass and
getting ri of the floaters.

Charles Ragnar