SC - Help thinking up a class......

Margritte margritt at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 22 22:27:00 PDT 1998

>Hi folks -
>
>I volunteered to cook a fill in cooking class for AEthelmearc
>war practice next month on "whatever subject isn't covered
>by all the OTHER cooking classes people usually teach at
>such things".  Seemed like a good idea at the time, but it turns
>out that there are only two other food-related classes:
>Herbs & How to Cook a Feast for Beginners.  So now I actually
>have to THINK of a topic.

Not that I can attend either, but _if_ I could, my vote would go for a
class on redacting recipes from originals. Hopefully, you would also have
time to touch on where the originals can be found (perhaps a handout
listing come of the more easily available sources, and some instructions
for getting interlibrary loans, or even a list of web addresses).

What is your audience? Are the cooks and would-be cooks in your area
generally well informed about period cooking? Or do you need to assume that
most will be starting from scratch? That might make a difference in what
you choose to teach.

- -Margritte

Gryphon's Moon - Celtic jewelry, garb, and much more.
Catalog at http://maclain.home.mindspring.com
Or email us at gryphons.moon at mindspring.com