SC - Nasturtiums in sala

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 22:33:51 PDT 1998

<<
 I also don't know if they are the same, but the thing we call marigold that
 isn't calundula is suppsedly poisonous. I've heard they described ad "african
 marigolds".

      And I've heard that they are edible! ;-) There are even a few
varieties--the "Signet" type, I believe, that are touted as the best flavored
ones, supposedly with a citrus flavor. A puzzlement....... Anyone have a
definitive, scientific answer? They are common enough to be useful in our
mundane salads--*if* they won't give us a tummyache or worse!

            Diana