SC - Violet roots

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 11:34:20 PDT 1998

<< ================
 Dear Lady,

 I would love to be on your violet list.  Do you know if the could stand
 the weather up here in Alaska?  I am new to the state and don't know
 what I can grow and what I can't.

 Thank you in advance.

 Lady Angustias McKeown

      Hummmmm, I'm afraid I haven't a clue! Violets *are* pretty widely
distributed, but since I'm in Tenn. and these are native--or at least
naturalised--to this region I'm a bit afraid they might not make it through
your winters. Are there any native plant handbooks for that area that folks
know about? That might tell of any violets that grow there already, for
comparison.

       Ldy Diana