SC - Dried currAnts

vincent_tom at burr-brown.com vincent_tom at burr-brown.com
Wed Apr 29 15:16:43 PDT 1998

That should be spelled 'currants'.  If the 'currents' were dried, we could
walk across the oceans. :)

Duriel

LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com> on 04/29/98 02:44:42 PM

Please respond to sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

To:   sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
cc:    (bcc: Tom Vincent/Tuc/BB1)
Subject:  SC - Dried currents

In a message dated 4/28/98 9:37:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
THLRenata at aol.com
writes:
<< Currents are their own fruit and can be used either fresh or dried. >>
Although this statement is accurate, SFAIK it is generally accepted that in
the majority of cases when a period recipe speaks of dried currents (e.g.
raisyns of corance) what is meant is most probably raisons of Corinth. If
the
use of Corinthian raisons is followed throughout the period from beginning
late period, it is clearly evident that the original language becomes, over
time, corupted to the point where raysons of coraunce becomes written as
dried
currents
Raisons of Corinth are a type of grape also but they are very small and are
sold under the name of Dried Currents-Zante . Sunkist is the brand I use
because it is readily available in the supermarkets in my area.
Ras