SC - Chinese Middle Ages & Ras' attitude

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Apr 29 22:53:48 PDT 1998

At 1:03 AM -0400 4/30/98, Kallyr wrote:
>On my very first day, I
>posted INFORMATION that calendula was used as a period substitute for saffron.
>It was.

As best I recall, your original response when questioned on that was that
you remembered reading it somewhere but did not remember the source. I may
have missed later followups. Did you find a period reference to using
calendula as a substitute for saffron, and if so what is it?

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/