SC - Re: Galingale and verjuice.

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Thu Apr 30 21:57:02 PDT 1998

Hi from Rowan
Anne-Marie responded to my post on Verjiuce, saying:

>I concur that the stuff is fun...though I find that it molds very quickly
>after opening (not acidic enoucgh, I guess) even when stored in the fridge.

You certainly have to fridge it. I find it stays OK for about 2 months - a
vacuum seal helps a lot! The stuff we get is produced by Maggie Beer. Are
you getting this imported from Australia or is there a producer in the US?

>I keep meaning to do some taste testing, combining lemon juice and
>different vinegars in an attempt to duplicate the distinctive acerbic and
>slightly sour flavor.

Hmm - I've tried a combination of dry white wine and champagne vinegar or
sherry vinegar which seem to be pretty close.

Rowan
Robyn Probert
Customer Service Manager		Phone +61 2 9239 4999
Services Development Manager		Fax   +61 2 9221 8671
Lawpoint Pty Limited			Sydney NSW  Australia