SC - courts running long

Yumitori no Kiyoshi yumitori at montana.com
Sat Aug 1 07:46:04 PDT 1998

>As for yeast dough as coffin: What do you think of the idea?  Has
>anyone else
>tried it?  It's easy to make a thick crust which holds up to a long
>baking
>without burning on the tips and edges. It's not as greasy as pastry, a
>good
>thing for eating out of hand, but it can be quite tough.
>
>Bonne

I've tried it. Don't know if it's period or not, but I wanted to take
something to an event for our household to eat for lunch. There's a
period recipe somewhere (please don't ask me where. I've been making it
for years and I have long since forgotten which source it's in.) for a
meat pie made with beef, sausage, bacon, currants and other goodies. I
decided to try it with a focaccio dough rather than a pie crust. It was
really good and transported very easily. Medieval bacon burger, anyone?

Julleran