SC - An OOP scone recipe

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Sun Aug 2 15:52:33 PDT 1998

On Sat, 01 Aug 1998 08:46:04 -0600 Yumitori no Kiyoshi
<yumitori at montana.com> writes:

>	Hmmm. This won't work everywhere - "The King's word is law"
>vs. "First
>among equals" approach snubbing monarchs differently. I think a better
>approach, as others have said, would be to remain in continual
>communication with the Crown, and to have some flexibility in your
>serving times. The good royalty with work with you because it is
>proper,
>and the bad ones will learn to attempt to follow suit or appear as
>bores.
>
>	Remember that, just as things can go wrong in the kitchen,
>last minute
>disasters can strike a court. Work together with your friends,
>regardless of rank, and you'll all have a much more enjoyable event...
>
>	Yumitori
You can say that again! At our event last winter, their Majesties decided
to wait until one of our knights got back from taking a shower before
starting court. Not one of them had thought to tell the populace this
tho', so there we all were, sitting and waiting for court to start,
children getting bored and acting out of hand, parents considering
whether or not to leave and if so if they could get back in time when
court started (if indeed it was going to start - as time wore on, some of
us were beginning to wonder!), ect. Our poor feast stewart (he had other
problems that day, too, this was just the cherry on the cake, so to
speak) was trying to keep the feast from burning while the server in
charge of the tables was fuming because the tables were going to be set
up in the same space as court. To boot, we needed to leave the site at 9,
and court finally started around 6 - leaving us 3 hours to eat and clean
up.

The reason court even got started was a friend of mine who had been
helping in the kitchen (and even isn't part of our shire) went to the
queen, and told her that they really needed to start because of the time
restraints. For this, the Queen's Champion later found him (between court
and feast) and "executed" him on the spot, and told Franz that he was
dead for a month because of his impertinence.
<sigh> never a dull moment around here!

Beatrix