SC - Pretending we're at Pennsic

Morgan Parris shaddow_witch at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 06:18:32 PDT 1998

>"The King's Word is Law."  Ha!  This is why I advocated using the
>term "kitchen Goddess/God" for feast steward/feast-o-crat, etc a
>while back.  I think that even in the SCA, the word of a diety
>would take precidence over that of a king.

  I might be speaking for myself, but when something imporatant is going on
in the kitchen and theres court going on in the hall, It would take more
than the word of a King to get me out of there.  The pointy hats in our
Barony stay away from any kitchen I run because I tell them to either get
out or attend to that pile of wshing up (Baron and Scullery Boy are one and
the same to me)
I was required in court at one event that I was Kitchen Steward for, and I
was rather busy keeping several things from burning since court was late
starting and spiceing a couple of other dishes.  The Baron and Baroness
were rather taken aback when I sent a message back to them telling me that
if they wanted the first remove edible they would a) Leave me alone and b)
Finish up the court ASAP.  I never heard the end of that one.  I am the
only Queen in the kitchen of any feast that I am in charge of, no matter
how many Pointy hats might be in there.
I might sound a little arrogant in this, but I learned right from the start
I have to keep things under control in my kitchen or all hell will break
loose and in general, most of people in power here remain ignorant of what
actually happens behind those doors marked Kitchen. Most of the kitchen
helpers know about and understand my quirks, and the Autocrats usually work
to fit in with me.  My attitudes don't stop me from working with the
Autocrat to get a feast on the table at a reasonable time, but my tolerance
does  not extend to 1 - 11/2 hour delays at only a few minutes notice.

Just my 2c worth
- -Sianan

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler