SC - Kids and feasts

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Wed Aug 5 05:48:16 PDT 1998

melc2newton at juno.com wrote:

> My question is
> this, should there be a seperate childrens course and sitting area? If
> yes where should this be in the feast area. And should the kinder be
> given the last  course first or should they be given something special (> not regular feast) such as hot dogs or Hamburgers?
>
> I also would like to have the feast seated as to precedence ( Highest
> ranking member of family) i.e. If Duke Joe and Countess Jo Anne come to the event together then they would sit with the other Dukes and Duchess'.
>  Is this asking to much of the heralds and has this been done in any
> feast you all have attended.  The event is in January but preparation
> begins now.
>> Thanks for any help and advice in advance,
>> Thorbjorn Bjornson  AoA  Shire of Oakheart,  Calontir

Interesting you should mention your plans, as I am contemplating such a
feast myself.  I am interested in the idea of seating people as they
would have been in period, by rank, but am concerned that it will not
appeal to some people as they might be stuck in company they would not
want.  I think I shall do it anyway sometime, and I figure if people
know about the 'rules' in advance they will book, or not, with that in
mind.

By all means have a separate table for the kinder, but make sure that
there are responsible parents nearby (especially relevant here where our
feasts are lit by real candlelight) and by all means cook different food
for them - HOWEVER, I would utterly disagree with serving them hotdogs
or hamburgers.  There is so much fun period food you can serve to kids
which they just love; hedgehogs for example, and just about any subtelty
you can think of will go down a treat.

Best of luck with your endeavours, I am sure it will be a great event!

Kiriel, OP