SC - Children's feasts

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Aug 5 16:57:05 PDT 1998

Greetings all from <check the window> overcast (well its 8am) Polit in
Lochac.

Adamantius said:
> Now, speaking of SCA anthropology, a really important question: Just
> what are
> these lamingtons, anyway???

Lamingtons are squares (usually cubes 2" each axis) of sponge cake with
a soft chocolate icing covered in desiccated coconut.  Occasionally they
are sliced in the middle and filled with mock cream.

If I could figure a way to send this kind of stuff through the mail, I'd
send some care packages - honest !!

Now what *I* would like to try is a legendary American Twinkie.  Just so
I can say I've had one .....

Oh and for the record, I admit my reaction to kids feasts was the same
as Mistress Kiriel - but that's not surprising as we are in the same
Barony ....

Meliora.