SC - Re: Kids Games was "Kids and feasts"

LMWalters@aol.com LMWalters at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 19:49:09 PDT 1998

A hungry cat is a practical cat.

Which means it will try harassing you. If your patience outlasts the cat,
it will eat cauliflower. If not, it will only eat hand-caught, fresh
filleted perfectly cooked fish of two or three rare species. (Or however
far it can opush you)

The same goes for kids (except they tensd to be bettter at making you
give in) and adults.

In the case of adults, I have found that it is stupid to serve a group of
people nothing but offal, pork and shellfish, since a lot of people
really do not like it. On the other hand, I have stopped worrying about
people who refuse to eat things that don't look familiar - I don't try to
feed them, I tell them I'm not trying to feed them, and if they still
expect me to feed them they should read the first line again.

At feasts I am prepared to extend this to kids. If people want to bring
food for their kids they certainly can, but I fail to see the poit. Some
kids are certtainly allergic to some foods, and some kids are just
allowed to be fussy eaters. Not my kids, not my problem.

Life is, of course about compromise. And being compromised can be quite
enjoyable. So if someone has a real difficulty, ad is prepared to make an
effort, I certainly advocate going the extra mile with them. And since it
is not my problem, it is not my place to tell people how to bring up
their kids. But at my place, I decide what the hospitality on offer is.

Charles ragnar