SC - Views on British Food

Bonne oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:15:31 PDT 1998

I cxan honestly say that I've never had a Twinkie before. I know they sell
them here in Canada but they have never been the phenomenon that they were
in the states (thank God). I thinbk that they're just too pretty to eat!

We do however have the answer to this here however. They're called Beaver
Tails (don't go there!), and boy are they good! I don't imagine that they're
much better for you than Twinkies but they don't have the chemicals that are
prevalent in the Twinkie (is it cake?).

They're kinda like a deep fried bread with various flavours shaken on.
Cinnamon and Brown Sugar; Garlic; Lemon and Sugar; and other yummies.

When our boys were in the Gulf back in the early 90's they specifically
asked for Beaver Tails. The guy who owns the whole franchise, who lives here
in Ottawa, gathered a cakload of volunteers, organized a flight and sent
thousands over (raw to be cooked there) and off they went.

I find it kinda funny (okay I find it hilarious) that Cdn's have a patriot
type food aptly named Beaver Tails and the States have Twinkies! <chuckle>

urs in mirth
Micaylah